Coronavirus: How to protect yourself from infection?
Due to the national contingency and the fact that Coronavirus is already a reality in our country, we have decided to give our recommendations regarding how to protect ourselves against this threat.
Coronavirus belongs to a family of viruses that cause various diseases, ranging from the common cold to serious respiratory conditions. In early January of this year, a new strain of Coronavirus was identified in China and has since spread throughout the world. Being a new strain, we know little in terms of how it behaves, how it spreads and how we can treat it, therefore, the most effective measure today is prevention.
The basis for adequate prevention is taking care of our nutrition, lifestyle, hygiene and taking advantage of the great potential of our immune system. This is why today we want to give you the best recommendations to protect yourself:
Self-care: Support the immune system
- Feed your immune system with the nutrients it requires to function correctly, mainly those with anti-viral properties, such as Beta-Glucans, Zinc (Nutrisorb Zinc) , Lysine, Vitamin A (Nutrisorb A) and Vitamin D (Bio - D) .
- Consume Vitamin C in high doses (Vitamin C powder) , the half-life of Vitamin C is 12 hours, therefore, it is recommended to distribute the dose in the morning and evening.
- Optimize your Vitamin D levels, since we are all prone to having suboptimal levels of this vitamin and it plays a fundamental role in our immune system and the risk of infections.
- Strengthen your intestine's natural response to infections by increasing the consumption of Probiotics (beneficial bacteria), Prebiotics (Fiber) and supporting micronutrients such as Vitamin A and D. In this way you will avoid the overgrowth of pathogens, support the barrier function of the intestinal wall and your body's immune system will be enhanced. ( Probiotics Line ).
Prioritize your Rest, sleep and relaxation
- Sleep is the opportunity for your body to “Rest and Repair” and is just as important as proper nutrition to strengthen your immune system.
- Consume a good Magnesium supplement (Magnesium powder) to support our hours of sleep and correct digestion.
- Perform meditation, stretching and relaxation exercises daily before going to sleep to promote the protective effect of sleep on our immune system.
Take care of your sugar and alcohol consumption
- Prefers the consumption of natural foods, free of additives and rich in nutrients.
- Eat nutritionally dense foods, such as chicken livers, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
- Excess sugar, additives and liquors damage your intestinal defense barrier and alter the composition of intestinal bacteria.
Stay at home
- Avoid physical contact, the smaller the spread of the virus, the fewer the consequences.
If you have any specific questions or additional information, write to us at email@example.com
Valeria Riquelme V.